This article is sponsored by Buckler Electric, a professional electrical company in Southern MD.
In this article you will read:
-Why we waste money on energy
-How we can save on our electric bills
People located in Southern Maryland often complain about high bills, but forget the fact that they themselves are responsible for that. This day in age we use a lot of appliances, tools and tech gadgets continuously, things like; refrigerators, air conditioning and heating systems, washing machines, dishwashers, and dryers. Saving energy automatically results in saving money. A little attention can prevent you from wasting energy and reducing bills.
Following are given the list of items that can be used to reduce the electricity bills:
– CFL Lights
- Commercial Solar Panels
- Residential Solar Panels
- Solar Heaters Steps
- You have to start with inspecting your electrical equipment. Many times defective components of electrical appliances cause you to pay heavy bills. You can take help from certified electrician to inspect the performance of your electrical appliances like heating and cooling systems, ventilation, refrigerators etc. Inspection though causes you $50 to $100, but it has a long term impact on your saving in the coming
The use of energy saving products in offices and homes can be very handy in reducing electricity bills to large an extent.
- The better way is to exchange your incandescent lights with more energy efficient fluorescent lamps. The best example is CFL lights which can save up to 75 percent of energy than the traditional fluorescent lights. Also CFL lights have longer life than traditional
- To reduce electricity bills, keep the thermostat reading at 78 degrees or higher during the summer months. This will help you save
- As much as possible avoid using electrical appliances at peak day hours. Instead you can use dryer, dishwasher, washing machine, vacuum cleaners in the evening time of the
- Provide proper ventilation to your home. Keep your windows and doors open to let the fresh and cool air come
- Keep the filter of your air conditioner clean. Regularly check your air conditioner filter for any accumulated dirt or grime. This will improve the performance of your air conditioner and also reduces the consumption of
- Inspect your refrigerator s condenser coil and thermostat regularly. Clean it if required. Also inspect the door gasket for any wear and tear. If you find it loose enough to grip, replace
- Turn off all the lights which are not needed. This is an important point; people often leave the lights on unnecessarily that cause them high electricity
- Reduce the use of personal appliances means use them only when it is
- If you are not working on you computers, turn them off. To keep them on uselessly consume energy and cause high electricity
- Always keep your computers on sleep mode. This will help you to save energy when you are not at the desk or away doing some other
If you need a professional electrician be sure to check on the services of Buckler Electric in St. Mary’s County MD.
ARTICLE SOURCE FROM: https://bucklerelectric.com/tips-to-reduce-electricity-bills/